Thursday 24 December 2009

Serengeti National Park

After a long delay, I am finally back and will be able to post a lot in the coming week or so. It will take some time as I have to sort through a lot of pictures and do many other things upon my return to Canada. However, here is the next set of pictures.

The Serengeti is probably the most famous of any of the national parks in Africa. After having spent two days there, I can understand why. It consists of several different areas including wide open plains, rivers, and forests. The biggest draw is the wildebeest, of which there are apparently over 2 million in the park.

Some descriptions to go with the pictures: 1) Ostriches, 2) A view of the plains, 3) Lizard, 4) Hyena, 5) Wildebeest crossing the road, 6) Cheetah, 7) Thomson's Gazelles, 8 and 9) A huge herd of wildebeest and some zebras, 10) Vultures, 11) Rainclouds in the distance, 12) I can't remember the name, maybe it is a Bushbuck, 13) Elephants, 14) The sunrise on the second day, 15) Lions eating their kill, 16) Vultures and a Maribou Stork scavenging, 17) A big puddle on the road, 18) A few of the seventeen jeeps crowded around a leopard (it never got close enough for me to get a pictures, but I did get some video which may be coming in a few weeks when I get the time to edit it), 19) Isn't the Serengeti gorgeous? 20) A bird (very common there, but I don't know the name), 21) Basketweaver Birds (I think) and their nests, 22) Lions sleeping, 23) Giraffe.

No comments:

Post a Comment