Sunday 13 December 2009

Lake Manyara National Park

The first stop on my safari was Lake Manyara National Park. Here are some pictures I took. Please note that I don't have a great camera and thus some of the animals are small. This park was by far the hardest to see animals in, so expect better pictures and more wildlife when I can get to posting pictures from the rest of my trip.

1) The Hippo Pool. 2) Giraffe. 3) Warthog. 4) Elephants. 5) Zebras. 6) Dik-diks. 7) Some birds (our guide told us the name, and it was at this point that I said I wouldn't remember all the animal names - looks like I was right in this case). 8) The view of the park from our campsite which was on the top of the Rift Vallety Escarpment (which is much more impressive than the Hamilton "mountain"). 9) Baboons with a baby (there were thousands of baboons in this park). 10) A vervey monkey (look closely, yes, they are baby blue).

No comments:

Post a Comment